About ISO 14001 standard (EMS)
ISO 14001:2015 is the latest version of the Environmental Management System (EMS) released by the International Organization for standardization. Any organization can implement the requirements of this standard and obtain certification from third-party certification body- IAS.
ISO 14001:2015 standard provides a framework for organizations to plan, design, implement, monitor, control, improve and enhance persistently their EMS performances. It specifies the requirements for an environmental management system that an organization can use to develop its environmental performance.
ISO 14001:2015 Standard emphasis the organization to control its environmental responsibilities in a systematic manner. Further, the standard addresses the intended outcome of its environmental management system, which provides value for the environment, the organization itself, and its interested parties.
The proper management of the environmental factors helps to use the resources efficiently and thereby we are able to achieve reduced production of waste. EMS is the only way to attain an enhanced environmental performance by an organization
What is new in ISO 14001:2015?
The Current Version ISO 14001:2015 adapts to the High-Level Structure (Annex SL). This new structure helps to combine and integrate different management systems and includes the PDCA approach (Plan-Do-Check-Act). The main changes that are related to.
- Increased the requirements of top management commitment and involvement in achieving effective EMS.
- Emphasis on risk-based thinking.
- Need to understand the context of the organization, the needs & expectations, and the requirements of interested parties.
- Consideration of a life cycle perspective
- Increased flexibility on the use of documentation
About ISO 14001 Certification:
The entire environmental issues of an organization can be identified and controlled by the ISO 14001:2015 certification. The objective of ISO 14001:2015 certification is to decrease the number of wastages produced by the company and to reduce the environmental pollution to the least amount.
This certification is a process by which IAS, a third-party certification body with valid accreditation plans and conducts ISO 14001 Certification audit to its clients and IAS provides internationally valid certifications.
ISO 14001 certification is a representation of how you and your organization is responsible for the betterment of the environment and it helps to entice and outshine customer expectation.
Certification by a neutral body is also seen as a way to qualify your organization’s competence, capability and vision are towards this International standard requirement.
Even though ISO 14001 certification is taken based on the customer demand, the current scenario induces the top management of several organizations to consider this certification as one of the effective ways to demonstrate that their organization is highly responsible for caring for the environment.
ISO 14001:2015 certification is applicable to any organization, regardless of its size, type, and nature, and applies to the environmental aspects of its activities, products, and services of an organization
Coverage of ISO 14001 Certification in Malaysia:
IAS is one of the highest performings ISO Certification Bodies in Malaysia. IAS conducts auditing and providing ISO 14001 certification in Malaysia and also for various standards in Malaysia. It also delivers ISO 14001 Lead Auditor Training, ISO 14001 Internal Auditor Training, and ISO 14001 Awareness/Foundation Training in Malaysia. All these certification and Training services by IAS for the country is managed from its office in provides including Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, Putrajaya, Labuan and covering all the major cities like Selangor, Terengganu, Johor, Kedah, Kelantan, Pahang, Negeri Sembilan, Perak, Melaka, Pulau Pinang, Perlis, Sabah and Sarawak.
To know more about ISO 14001:2015 – Environmental Management System and its certification, click here.
The process to obtain an ISO Certification
- Contact IAS by sending the application and call us for a free discussion and we can guide you in getting the ISO 14001:2015 Certification.
- Based on the Application form submitted by your organization, IAS initiates the ISO certification process for your company. Your application will be scrutinized and IAS will come out with the plan to conduct audits. Our staff will be in touch with you to discuss and help you in the certification process. Check more detailed ISO 14001 certification procedure.
- Plan and implement ISO 14001:2015 standards requirements through documented Information (how this standard is practiced, monitored, and continually improved).
- Majorly, ISO certification audit includes 2 stages
Stage 1Audit: Readiness Audit
Stage 2 Audit: Verifying the effectiveness of the implementation of ISO 14001:2015.
- The organization applying for ISO certification is audit based on an extensive sample of its sites, services, process, products & functions.
- If any deviation is observed during the audit, a deviation report will be provided along with the detailed audit report. According to the grading of the deviations, the IAS determines the time required for its closure including the correction and corrective actions which have to be approved by the IAS audit team. After the effective closure of Nonconformity, the Certificate is issued limiting to the scope that was audited.
Click here, For more information on the application and frequently asked questions
- Having nearly two decades of audit experience helps your Organization to attain the ISO 14001 certification faster.
- Auditors and trainers in IAS are innovative, simple, practical, and effective in the implementation of the process that helps to strengthen the business operations of the organization.
- We are an authorized certification body and issue the ISO 14001 Certificates which is accredited by JAS-ANZ and UQAS, a well-renowned Accreditation body
- The knowledge and skills gained through experience and the global presence of IAS have created a history of executing successful large-scale, complex worldwide projects.
- ISO 14001 certification audits are completed in a more reasonable manner by IAS for the benefit of small, medium, and large enterprises. Our processes are simple to follow, and our services are timely and cost-effective.
- Our presence is in India, Oman, Malaysia, Indonesia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Qatar, Kuwait, Philippines, UAE, with more than 6000 clients
- We have successfully conducted ISO 14001 Certification for almost all the sectors broadly diversified in the Automobile industry, Consumer electronics, Telecommunication, Healthcare Industry, Steel production, Industrial equipment, FMCG industry, Aerospace manufacturing, Food industry, Textile industry, Chemical Industry, Oil and Gas, Energy, IT Industry, Hospitality industry.
- We have experienced impaneled auditors to effectively assess an organization’s conformance to Environmental Management System unleashing a true potential for Improvement.
Benefits of achieving ISO 14001 certification
- Organizations benefit from the implementation of an environmental management system based on ISO 14001:2015 by improving their environmental performance, saving resources, energy, and money.
- A certified environmental management system is a good preventive tool and helps to be in compliance with legal and other requirements.
- Environmental Management System (EMS) certification provides an assurance to the administration, employees, and customers that environmental impacts are being measured and improved.
- Nowadays, it is becoming more and more significant to exhibit that the organizations are thinking about their environmental impact and providing a system in place that will not only benefit the environment but also reduce the cost and improve efficiency within the organization.
- It is Cost savings in waste, recycling, and consumption
- Develop Company reputation and the confidence of Stakeholders through planned communication.
- Provide competitive and financial benefits through improved efficiencies and reduced costs.
- promote the better environmental performance of suppliers by integrating them into the organization’s business systems
- The implementation of ISO 14001:2015 helps to strengthen the competitive advantage. You will easily increase the trust of stakeholders and also you are able to create a positive impact on your commercial performances.
- ISO 14001 Certification means improved compliance with the current regulatory requirement and maintain company reputation
What an Organization should do to achieve certification?
- Implement ISO 14001:2015(Environmental Management System) in your organization. E.g. Documenting, training the staff, practicing the system, etc
- Before going for certification, conduct one internal Audit program through a trained EMS Internal Auditor.
- Collect the data of your organization’s process and complete the analysis.
- Conduct a Management review with the assistance of analyzed data and effect some decisions to improve the Organization performance towards continual improvement.
- Call IAS for conducting an Audit and discuss audit procedures specific to your organization
- Complete the ISO 14001 certification audit successfully. (Stage 1 and Stage 2)
- Close out the Nonconformances, if any.
- Collect and maintain the ISO 14001 certification.
- Do the surveillance audit yearly to retain the ISO 14001 certificate issued to you.
To know more about the ISO certification audit details. Kindly click here.