About IATF 16949
IATF 16949 certification establishes the requirements for a Quality Management System (QMS) specifically for automotive sectors. The ISO 16949 standard was initially formed in 1999 by International Automotive Task Force to coordinate different analysis and certification schemes globally in the supply chain for the automotive sector. The IATF 16949 standard provides guidance and tools for companies and organizations who want to ensure that their products consistently meet customer requirements and customer satisfaction are consistently improved.
The main focus of the IATF 16949 standard is the development of a Quality Management System that assists for continual improvement, focus attention on defect prevention and the reduction of discrepancy and squander in the supply chain. The standard consolidated with applicable Customer-Specific requirements that define the QMS requirements for automotive production, service, and/or accessory parts. IATF 16949 standards established a regular set of techniques and methods for a common product and process development for automotive manufacturing globally.
IATF 16949 Certification by IAS
Integrated Assessment Services provides IATF 16949 certification and services in preparing, training. IATF 16949 helps you to demonstrate your adherence to quality to the automotive supply chain. It gives a great opportunity to intensify your business and prove that you are a trusted organization that could extend new business opportunities. IATF 16949 Certification specifies the methods to execute best practices when designing, developing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing automotive products.
Coverage of IATF 16949 Certification in Malaysia:
IAS is one of the Prime ISO Certification Bodies in Malaysia. IAS conducts auditing and providing ISO certification in Malaysia for various standards in Malaysia includes IATF 16949 certification. It also delivers IATF 16949 Internal Auditor Training and IATF 16949 Awareness/Foundation Training in Malaysia. All these certification and Training services by IAS for the country is managed from its office in provides including Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, Putrajaya, Labuan and covering all the major cities like Selangor, Terengganu, Johor, Kedah, Kelantan, Pahang, Negeri Sembilan, Perak, Melaka, Pulau Pinang, Perlis, Sabah and Sarawak.
To know more about IATF 16949 Quality Management System for the Automotive sector and its certification, click here.
The process to obtain an IATF 16949 Certification
- Contact IAS by sending the Application Form and call us for a discussion and we are here to guide you in obtaining IATF 16949 certification.
- Prepare your Organization ready for certification by implementing and practicing the standard, monitored and continually improved.
- Majorly, the process of IATF 16949 certification includes 2 stages
Stage 1 Audit: Readiness Audit
Stage 2 Audit: Verifying the Effectiveness of the System
- The organization applying for IATF 16949 certification will be audited based on an extensive sample of its sites, services, process, products & functions.
- Any deviation is observed during the audit, deviation report will be submitted along with the detailed audit report. According to the grading of the deviations, IAS determines the time required for its closure including the correction and corrective actions which have to be approved by IAS. After the effective closure of Nonconformity, the Certificate is issued limiting to the scope that was audited.
Click here, For more information on the application and audit procedure
- Having two decades of IATF 16949 Certification & Training experience audit experience helps to attain the certification faster.
- The Auditors and trainers in IAS are highly experienced, innovative, simple, and practical in the implementation process which helps to strengthen the business operations of an organization.
- IAS provides UQAS accredited certificates for IATF 16949 certificates. IAS and UQAS are not members or accredited by IATF.
- The Knowledge, skills gained through experience, and the global presence of IAS have created a history of executing successful large-scale, complex international projects. Our auditors understand the culture and nature of the local market and perform internationally in an effective and consistent manner.
- IAS conducts the audits in a more sensible and value-added manner to benefit the clients of small, medium, and large organization. Our flexible procedure is simple to understand and the services are timely and cost-effective.
- Our presence is in India, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Oman, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Qatar, Kuwait, Philippines countries with more than 6000 clients
- We have successfully addressed almost all the sectors broadly diversified in the Automobile industry, Consumer electronics, Chemical Industry, Steel production, Industrial equipment, FMCG industry, Aerospace manufacturing, Healthcare Industry, Food Industry, Textile Industry, Oil and Gas, Energy, Telecommunication, IT Industry, Hospitality industry.
- We have more than 300 experienced impaneled auditors to effectively assess an organization’s conformance to a Quality management system for automotive sectors unleashing a true potential for Improvement.
Benefits Of IATF 16949 Certification
- Deliver the products that consistently meet customer requirements and a service that is reliable and can be relied on.
- Promotes continual improvement of processes and resulting operational efficiencies mean money saved.
- Helps improve the perception of your organization with employees, clients and suppliers.
- Self-assessment or verification against the globally recognized industry standard speaks volumes.
- Procurement specifications often require certification as a condition to supply, so certification opens the doors for new business.
- Certification is recognized internationally and accepted throughout industry supply chains, setting industry benchmarks for sourcing suppliers.
- A common approach in the supply chain for supplier or subcontractor development, driving consistency, competence, and control.
What an Organization should do to achieve IATF 16949 certification?
- Contact IAS with the Completed Application form for conducting the IATF 16949 audit and discuss the audit procedure specific to your organization.
- Understand the requirement of IATF 16949 and Implement it in your organization before going for certification. E.g. Documenting, training the staff, practicing the system etc
- Conduct one internal Audit program through trained IATF 16949 Internal Auditors.
- Compile the collected data and complete the analysis.
- Conduct a Management review with the help of analyzed data and effect some decisions to improve the Organization’s performance towards company objectives & goals.
- Complete the IATF 16949 Certification audit successfully. (Stage 1 and Stage 2)
- Closure of Nonconformance, if any.
- Collect and maintain the IATF 16949 certificate.
- Comply with the surveillance audit yearly.
To know more about the audit details. Kindly click here.