What is Kosher
Kosher- a word from Hebrew language that means fit, proper or correct. Nowadays, it is mostly used to describe food and drink that comply with Jewish religious dietary law.
Kosher in Hebrew word “Kasher” or “Kosher” means pure and suitable for human consumption. Kosher foods fall into various categories such as Parev, dairy and animal products or meat. Kosher certifications are essential for foods to be proper and acceptable as per Jewish religious dietary law.
All other foods such as fish eggs, fruit, juices, grains, coffee, soft drink, tea, snacks and vegetables are classified as Pareve. All foods must be processed in equipments designated to handle pareve foods only.
For a food to be kosher certified as Parev, Equipments used to process meat, dairy must never be used for processing pareve products. Eggs are considered to Kosher only if they are from Kosher bird and should not contain blood spots. Wine has a specific Kosher classification Where the ingredients used need to be Kosher.
Meat & Poultry
As instructed in the Bible, all animals and birds are not defined as kosher. Common animals that are defined as kosher that includes cow, goat and sheep. Common animals that is not kosher which include pig, horse, camel and rabbit. The same applies to birds. Most poultry is kosher which includes chicken, turkey, goose and duck.
In order for meat and poultry to be kosher there are some additional requirements defined in the Jewish Dietary law. These include slaughter of animals or poultries must be in accordance with Jewish law and removal of blood via salting or roasting. This must be done under the strict supervision. Retail products containing any animal or poultry derived ingredient are assumed to be non-kosher unless it is certified by a reputable kosher agency.
Fishes that have Scales and Fins that are easy to remove are considered as Kosher Fish.
All foods that contain milk products must be derived from kosher animals and should not contain rennet or gelatin and should be processed in kosher certified utensils and equipments. Cheese products does not fall under general dairy products and it requires full time supervision to be defined a Kosher
- IAS is one of top searching or preferred ISO Certification and Product Certification body in Malaysia.
- IAS conducts ISO Certification audits, Product Certification and provides the service of ISO Internal Auditor Trainings, ISO Lead Auditor Trainings and ISO Foundation Training in Malaysia. All these certification and Training services by IAS for the country is managed from its office in Malaysia where it covers all the major cities such as Penang, Johar, Selangor, Kualalumpur, langkawi etc…
- IAS Provides various product certifications which includes Kosher, Green, BRC, Ghost-R, CE Marking, ROHS.
- IAS Having two decades of audit experience helps to attain the certification faster.
- Incorporated in 2006, we stand with 13 years of experience as a professional and recognized certification body.
- IAS issues accredited Certificates, hence universally valid.
- IAS conducts the audits in more sensible and value added manner to benefit the clients of small, medium and large organization. Our flexible procedure is simple to understand and the services are timely and cost effective.
- Our presence is in Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, India, Oman, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Qatar, Kuwait, Philippines countries with more than 6000 clients
- We have more than 300 experienced empanelled auditors to effectively asses an organization’s conformance to various product standards.
- IAS offers a highly professional and effective kosher certification services.
- IAS certification services are rendered by our skilled professionals by following industry set guidelines and norms.
- IAS also ensures to provide accurate and prompt structural stability certification services.
- Product Certification services by IAS in Malaysia is well-known in the market for cost-effectiveness, timely execution and reliability.
Kosher Certification Procedure by IAS:
- Call us with the completed application to have a free discussion.
- Identifying the product or the range of product to be certified
- Submission of first documentation by manufacturer (Based on Certification standard, including test certificates)
- Evaluation of documentation
- Quotation for the kosher certification.
- Auditing the production site to ensure that every product and the method of preparing the product necessarily meet the kosher compliance.
- Corrections on the deviation points identified, if any.
- Award of kosher certification
To know more about kosher certification process and requirements Click here
BENEFITS OF KOSHER:
- Level of assurance in organizational quality
- Promote market awareness on your brand products
- Increased sales activities and competitive advantage
- Conformance to regulatory and legal requirements
- Reduced wastage
- Increased efficiency, managed productivity and controlling cost
- It is create market value for your natural and organic products
- Greater traceability and consistency of products and services
- Improves organizational reputation and credibility
- It gives the product a competitive edge and makes it sell faster.
- Kosher product can win more business opportunities.