What is HACCP?
Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) is the internationally recognized food safety system that focuses on the systems required to identify and control the potential risks of food-borne safety hazards from reaching consumers. It is suitable for any organization who involved directly or indirectly in the food chain such as farms, fisheries, dairies, meat processors, and food service providers such as restaurants, hospitals, and catering services, etc…
HACCP system allows you to identify hazards and put controls in place to manage these throughout your supply chain during production. The HACCP certification scheme meets the requirements of the Codex Alimentarius Commission (CAC) – established by the World Health Organization and the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations to bring together the international food standards, guidelines, and codes of practice to ensure fair trade. It can also be used to support the requirements of International Standard ISO 22000 Food Safety Management.
HACCP is a risk management system that is designed to identify, assess, evaluate and control the hazards in the entire food production process. A competent and properly implemented HACCP program can reduce the probability of customer complaints and provide your customers, the public, and regulatory agencies assurance that a food safety program is well-managed.
IAS is a Certification Body providing the service of third-party Certification in HACCP in Malaysia. Implementing, practicing and Certification of HACCP in Malaysia results in more focused risk management and can promote international trade by increasing buyer confidence in food safety.
HACCP in Malaysia
HACCP system was first introduced to Malaysia in 1998. The Malaysian HACCP standard is basically the same as that of Singapore and the EU, with the exception that there are three separate categories for food businesses: Low Risk, Medium Risk, and High-Risk Food Businesses. The Malaysian Standard has been updated since 1 January 2012 and is now under the purview of the Department of Standards Malaysia (DSM) which is a member of the National Committee on Food Safety (NCFS). The Malaysian HACCP certification scheme is recognized by the Codex Alimentarius Commission and meets the requirements of ISO 22000:2018.
What does HACCP Certification Imply?
HACCP certification directly demonstrates to customers your Organization’s commitment to producing or trading in safe food. This evidence-based approach can be particularly beneficial when you are subject to inspection by regulatory authorities or stakeholders.
The HACCP certification in Malaysia helps your Organization in identifying the specific hazards and control measures to ensure the safety of food. The HACCP system is competent in accommodating changes such as advances in equipment design, new information relating to health hazards or risks, new processing procedures, or technological developments.
The process to obtain HACCP Certification in Malaysia
- Contact IAS by sending the Application Form and call us for a discussion and we are here to guide you in getting HACCP certification in Malaysia
- Make your Organization ready for certification by implementing and practicing the standard, monitored and continually improving.
- Majorly, the process of HACCP certification includes 2 stages
Stage 1 Audit: Readiness Audit
Stage 2 Audit: Verifying the Effectiveness of the System
- The organization applying for HACCP certification in Malaysia will be audited based on an extensive sample of its sites, services, process, products & functions.
- Any deviation is observed during the audit, deviation report will be submitted along with the detailed audit report. According to the grading of the deviations, IAS determines the time required for its closure including the correction and corrective actions which have to be approved by IAS. After the effective closure of Non-conformity, the Certificate is issued limiting to the scope that was audited.
The IAS HACCP Certification body in Malaysia offers Certification to Malaysian Food Businesses who wish to implement the HACCP system. The IAS HACCP Certification Body is approved by Universal Quality Accreditation Forum(UQAS).
The IAS HACCP certification scheme offers:
- Certification to Malaysian Food Businesses.
- Certification to International Food Businesses.
- Certification to Processors and Manufacturers of Halal Foods.
The IAS HACCP certification scheme is based on the Malaysian Standard MS 2400:2012 for Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point. The IAS HACCP certification scheme is also aligned with the ISO 22000:2018 standard.
Coverage of HACCP Certification in Malaysia:
This certification and Training services by IAS for the country is managed from its office in provides including Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, Putrajaya, Labuan and covering all the major cities like Selangor, Terengganu, Johor, Kedah, Kelantan, Pahang, Negeri Sembilan, Perak, Melaka, Pulau Pinang, Perlis, Sabah and Sarawak.
If you are interested to know more about the IAS HACCP certification scheme, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com
What an Organization should do to achieve certification?
- Call IAS for conducting a HACCP Certification in Malaysia. Our team will explain the audit procedure and the requirements specific to your organization.
- Understand the requirement of HACCP and Implement them in your organization before going for certification. E.g. Documenting, training the staff, practicing the system, etc
- Conduct one internal Audit program through trained HACCP Internal Auditors.
- Compile the collected data and complete the analysis.
- Conduct a Management review with the help of analyzed data and effect some decisions to improve the Organization’s performance towards company objectives & goals.
- Complete the audit successfully. (Stage 1 and Stage 2)
- Closure of Non-conformance, if any.
- Collect and maintain the HACCP certificate.
- Comply with the surveillance audit yearly.
Benefits of HACCP Certification
- Convey a high degree of confidence required by consumers, retailers, and buyers within the food industry
- Provide buyers, consumers, government enforcement, and trade agencies with the justified assurance that control systems are in place to assure the safe production of food
- Helps your Organization to align HACCP with ISO 22000:2018(FSMS) food safety management systems and certification.
- Continually review and improve your system so it stays successful
- Regular assessments help your Organization to continually monitor your food safety system
- HACCP can add value to your entire supply chain with enhanced hazard controls, whatever its size or location.
To know more about the audit details. Kindly click here.